Mod’n Roll 2012: The Theory of Everything.

Angel OD

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a small update:

I mounted the cpu block today. I put it in the lathe and took 1mm off of the bottom. It fits perfectly.

But one thing that did not suit me was the tubing I bought. It's 10/8 mm so only 1mm wall thickness and that's not useable at all. It almost collapses with the bend radius you see on the picture. So I just ordered some Tygon with a wall thickness of 1/16". I think that will do the trick. :)

11062012500Medium.jpg

Then I FINALLY got started on the main window in the front/side of the case. I don't know why but it seems like I had made it a huge problem in my head and just pushed it in front of me for a while... It took 45 minutes... :lol: Tomorrow I should finish it and get a window done.

The gooey stuff is just glue leftover from the insulation. That will be wiped away.

11062012498Medium.jpg

11062012499Medium.jpg

Besides that, it seems the guys have time to do finish up the software for the dvd drive on thursday, so I keep my fingers crossed! :)

Are you going to make a plexiglass window with some cool design on it?

Nope. I want the window to be clean so it doesn't take focus from the inside. Sorry! :)

i hope :D

That goes for you too, sorry! :)

Dammit!

I guess things have been moving along without too many problems lately so something had to give...

I made the window for the side today, and that went easy peasy:

12062012500Medium.jpg

Filed to R3 in the corners:

12062012501Medium.jpg

12062012502Medium.jpg

And this is where s**t hit the fan. I wanted to remove all the left over glue on the inside from the soundproofing. A couple of drops of the stuff I used went around the corners, and attacked the paint on the front! :muro:

12062012503Medium.jpg

Don't think this will buff out, so I'll have to cover up the rad grill and shoot a layer of white tomorrow. Just what I didn't need since the whole thing must be done saturday... :(

Well, s**t happens! C ya soon! :)

Fair enough, this mod is also spectacular in the inside. ;)

Thanks a lot! :)

shame about the paint

Yeah... Kind of sucks! But I decided to try to save it, and I'm actually quite happy for the result. I have to be done saturday, so I don't have time to paint it. :)

nice finnish! O0

Thanks man! :)

Small update:

Used some 1200 grit wet sand paper to see if I could rescue the paint. Then some cutting compound.

I have to say that it's good enough. I'd love to go for great, but with the time left this is fine.:

13062012504Medium.jpg

Got the res mounted finally:

13062012506Medium.jpg

13062012507Medium.jpg

13062012508Medium.jpg

That's it for now. I'm hoping the tubing shows up friday as promised. If not I'll make do with what I got for now for the photoshoot.

C ya soon guys! :thumb:

Reality just bites!

I just came back from the workshop, it's now 9:30 pm. We spent the last 3 hours playing with the software for the drive mechanism, and everything works.

14062012513Medium.jpg

Except for the damn thing that the motor is just not powerfull enough. So I have realized that this idea is not going to work in this configuration.

This means that I will be done with the pc saturday, but not the drive mechanism.

We're going to go with a servo solution instead. That also eliminates the switches and give a cleaner look. it just sucks though... :(

But on the upside, I did some work on the case as well, and figured out how the tubing is going to be:

14062012511Medium.jpg

14062012510Medium.jpg

That's the story right now. I'll be back with some pictures of the build saturday. C ya guys then.

wow! it look's WOW..... no other word's

I like wow! :) Thanks man! :)

wowoowowowo nice very nice

Thanks a lot! I actually believe that I'll get it done for tomorrow! :)

is the evga word with back light or not?

Nope, there is no backlight. It would be quite difficult since the water is running through the aluminum right under the letters. :)

Quick update. I'm completely beat from working too much, but in good spirit! :)

I think 3-4 hours of work tomorrow morning should do the trick! :)

Just a couple of pics for now!

Who was the bright mind that decided to mount the pumps right there? With no access to the fittings... sheesh! :lol:

15062012515Medium.jpg

Getting ready for the first liquid:

15062012516Medium.jpg

Running through the system:

15062012517Medium.jpg

Cpu block. Still not done bleeding the air:

15062012518Medium.jpg

Res:

15062012519Medium.jpg

15062012521Medium.jpg

That's it for now. I'll c you guys tomorrow with the finished pics! :)

Thanks a lot Tom1! :)

Well, it actually seems like I made it! :)

Got up early and went to the workshop at 8 this morning. 5 hours later I was done.

I'm sorry that I'm not better at taking pictures, and resizing them does not help. :)

Here goes, I hope you like the finished result!

TOE790Iphotoshoot028Medium.jpg

TOE790Iphotoshoot029Medium.jpg

TOE790Iphotoshoot030Medium.jpg

TOE790Iphotoshoot032Medium.jpg

TOE790Iphotoshoot034Medium.jpg

TOE790Iphotoshoot036Medium.jpg

TOE790Iphotoshoot038Medium.jpg

TOE790Iphotoshoot040Medium.jpg

TOE790Iphotoshoot041Medium.jpg

TOE790Iphotoshoot047Medium.jpg

TOE790Iphotoshoot049Medium.jpg

TOE790Iphotoshoot055Medium.jpg

TOE790Iphotoshoot056Medium.jpg

TOE790Iphotoshoot059Medium.jpg

TOE790Iphotoshoot065Medium.jpg

[FASE 2: Preparazione alla votazione] 15 Giugno - 22 Giugno

A fine concorso ogni utente avrà una settimana di tempo per presentare le foto o i video finali del proprio progetto per le votazioni, ogni utente potrà postare un massimo di 4 foto e 2 video per mod, tali foto rappresenteranno l'ultimo post del worklog e saranno quindi seguite dai ringraziamenti agli sponsor in caso di sponsorizzazione.

[Phase 2: Preparing to vote] June 15th to June 22nd

At the end of the contest each user will have a week to present the photos or videos of his final project to the vote, users can post up to 4 photos and 2 videos for each mod, these photos represent the last post of the worklog and then will be followed by thanks to the sponsors in the event of sponsorship.

La fase di votazione è iniziata, questo è il thread ufficiale: http://www.xtremehardware.com/forum/f70/mod_n_roll_modding_contest_votazione_vote-33500/#post437588'>http://www.xtremehardware.com/forum/f70/mod_n_roll_modding_contest_votazione_vote-33500/#post437588

The voting phase has begun, this is the official thread: http://www.xtremehardware.com/forum/f70/mod_n_roll_modding_contest_votazione_vote-33500/#post437588

Edited by One1ros

• 3 weeks later...