Il nuovo Western Digital Scorpio Blue da 1 TB e form factor 2.5" è stato studiato per gli utenti che richiedono molto spazio di archiviazione sul proprio notebook.
Le caratteristiche principali del nuovo hard disk sono:
- Low power consumption – Advanced power management features and algorithms optimize the way the drive seeks for data, which significantly improves power consumption.
- Cool and quiet – In a notebook drive, silence is golden. WD’s exclusive WhisperDrive technology yields one of the quietest 2.5-inch hard drives on the market.
- Reliable – WD’s SecurePark parks the recording heads off the disk surface during spin up, spin down, and when the drive is off. This ensures the recording head never touches the disk surface resulting in improved long term reliability due to less head wear, and improved non-operational shock tolerance.
- Shock Tolerant – WD’s ShockGuard technology, now increased to a best-in-market 400Gs shock specification, protects the drive mechanics and platter surfaces from shocks.
- Advanced Format (AF) – Technology being adopted by WD and other drive manufacturers to continue growing hard drive capacities. New drives featuring AF are optimized for operation with the following operating system software: Windows 7, Windows Vista and Mac OS X Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard (PVT models only).
- Tested for compatibility – WD performs tests on hundreds of systems and a multitude of platforms in its FIT Lab and Mobile Compatibility Lab to give customers confidence that drives will work in specific systems.
Il prezzo dei nuovi Western Digital Scorpio Blue sarà di 140 € e avranno una garanzia di ben 3 anni.