nVidia 680i: problemi driver s-ata!

dj883u2

Segnaliamo questa cosa:

Oltre al consumo maggiore rispetto alle soluzioni Intel (si parla di 50 watt contro i 30 watt del 975x), il nuovo chipset nVidia sembra avere dei problemi con le porte s-ata:

"To be succinct, some nForce 680i motherboards have SATA issues. Data seems to get corrupted for no reason causing BSODs and corrupted hard drive errors. Obviously there is a reason, but the problem to the end user may seem very sporadic. The problems are severe enough that they can render a new system build useless. Talking to NVIDIA about this, we came up with the answers to a few questions, but no solutions.

Yes, NVIDIA is aware of the 680i issue and has been able to recreate it in their test labs.

Yes, NVIDIA is working to fix this.

Yes, NVIDIA states it is not a hardware issue, but rather a driver issue so we are all hoping for a fix.

Shooting from the hip on this, and I am no driver engineer, but this sounds like a hardware problem to me. I hate to say it, but there seems to be a chipset problem here that is not apparent in every piece of silicon. I hope I am wrong and it is just a driver issue that can be fixed through a new driver drop, but I am not hopeful of this. After seeing Dan take his 680i build that was causing him severe problems, change out motherboards, and his problems then going away, it is hard for me to think that a driver caused the issue.

NVIDIA’s track record at HardOCP with storage controller solutions over the life of the nForce brand has been poor to say the least, but has been getting better as NVIDIA has moved forward. With their recent acquisition of ULI, we expected to see all storage issues related to the nForce chipset go away, but that has certainly not been the case."

Fonte: HardOCP

Ciao;)

cioè c'è la possibilità di trovarsi un hdd corrotto da un momento all'altro così...come se niente fosse? ottima sta cosa...

speriamo che risolvano al più presto questo problema xkè è indecente.

E cmq si...i chipset intel sono sempre i migliori in fatto di prestazioni... vedi l'ich-7 che ormai è quasi una leggenda o l'ich-8

Marco

cioè c'è la possibilità di trovarsi un hdd corrotto da un momento all'altro così...come se niente fosse? ottima sta cosa...

speriamo che risolvano al più presto questo problema xkè è indecente.

E cmq si...i chipset intel sono sempre i migliori in fatto di prestazioni... vedi l'ich-7 che ormai è quasi una leggenda o l'ich-8

Marco

Si, potrebbe esserci questa evenienza!

Ciao;)